According to a study recently published by the National Association of Realtors a pool increases the value of a home by 8 – 15%. Pools are generally seen as a positive feature and add value. When a homebuyer sees a pool their imagination takes them to a family fun poolside experience.
Here are 5 tips to make a poolside “Splash Improvements” in your home to increase the appeal of your poolside space before selling your home in Sarasota, Florida.
1. Container gardening: You may not have garden cut-outs around your pool but you can add potted arrangements to a corner to soften the edges of a square or rectangular pool. I suggest you stick with succulents as they rarely drop leaves that will fall into the pool and they are easy to take care of. Choose a variety of shapes and colors to add interest.
2. Resurface the deck: You don’t have to invest in pavers to refinish. There are many outdoor paint products that will freshen up a drab deck. Consider faux finishes that can add some glamor like the copper finish produced by a stain here http://www.pinterest.com/sarasotasuze/curbside-glamour/
3. Buy colorful cushions for your patio furniture to invite relaxation. Neutral is good but carry through with “water blues” to connect the sitting area with the pool.
4. Bug-proof with mosquito-repellent plants if your pool area is not screened in. Keep the arrangements on a cart so as to move them easily in case the seating arrangement can move also.
5. Buy a pool storage container for the toys and pool stuff that collects on the deck. Attractive containers can be bought for as little as $30 to hide away the clutter.
If you want to sell a home in Sarasota, Florida or anywhere keep in mind that a pool makes a home ideal for children. Most Sarasota real estate for sale in the best family neighborhoods have pools. To sell your home quickly you need a good Realtor in Sarasota and that is Sarasota Suze. Call for an estimate of your home value before you put it on the market: 941-726-2227.